Palm date fruit mechanized harvesting.
Machinery and Technology
The engineering and technology group at Southern Arava R&D has initiated and participated in technological developments for date palms and field crops in the Southern Arava.
We have been involved in R&D of:
- Fruit automated sorting by means of computerized vision.
- Advanced technologies for date fertilization.
- Collecting and crushing pruned dates.
- Improvements and adaptation of advanced spray systems in dates.
- Detection of individual palm trees for precision agriculture.
- Automatic thinning of date bunches.
- Mechanical harvesting of "wet" Medjool date fruit by trunk shaking.